Visit Marseille – The wealth of the Phocaean city
Hotel Edmond Rostand is located in the city center of Marseille in the heart of the 6th arrondissement, between the Prefecture and Place Castellane.
The very central location of the hotel in Marseille offers the possibility of easy access to all the tourist centers of the city.
What to do in Marseille?
Tourism in Marseille close to the Hotel Edmond Rostand:
- The Old Port, a 10-minute walk from the hotel, is the starting point for boat cruises to the Calanques, the Frioul Islands and the Chateau d’If.
- Our Lady of the Guard dominates the Phocaean city from the top of its hill and offers a breathtaking panorama. It is accessible by bus from the hotel or on foot for the most courageous!
- The historical district of the Basket, housing the Vieille Charité is one of the oldest in Marseille. It is within walking distance (20 minutes) from the hotel.
- The Prado beaches can be reached by bus (15 minutes from Castellane).
- The Vélodrome stadium is 2 metro stations away from the hotel and can also be reached on foot during the evenings, during which the public transport is crowded.
- The Parc Chanot, venue of congress and exhibition is accessible by metro (2 stations).
- The Palace of the Pharo, reception and congress center, dominating majestically the entrance to the Old Port of Marseille, is accessible by bus from the hotel.
The Antiquarian District
The Hotel Edmond Rostand is located in the Antiquaires district of Marseille, which includes a group of shops specializing in the sale and restoration of antique furniture or contemporary design.
The Hotel Edmond Rostand is close to the popular Rue de Rome, the central Saint Ferréol street and the chic Rue Paradis which offer a variety of shops for a good day of shopping.
Also to discover